Botox Treatment Instructions
- To avoid bruising it is best not to take any pain relievers that are blood thinners such as aspirin like Tylenol, Advil, Motrin, Fish Oils or Vitamin E. Avoid alcohol for a few days after treatment since it, too, is a blood thinner.
- Do not use Botox if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your clinician if you have any questions about this prior to the procedure.
- Sunburned skin is difficult to treat so avoid exposure to the sun.
- Avoid Waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- Avoid the use of Alpha Hydroxy Acids higher than 10% and avoid Retinoids.
- Inform your clinician if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Always inform your clinician of all medications you may be taking as well as your medical history.
- Do NOT rub or massage the treated areas for 4 hours after your treatment. Do NOT practice Yoga or any type of strenuous exercise for 4 hours after treatment. Also, avoid facials or saunas for 4 hours after your treatment. This will minimize the risk of raising your blood pressure and therefore minimize the risk of temporary bruising. Feel free to shower and go about most other regular daily activities.
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after treatment. This is to avoid the risk of pressure on the treated areas (from your pillow) and to avoid the risk of having the area rubbed accidentally.
- Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you need to apply make-up within 4 hours after your treatment, only use a GENTLE touch to avoid rubbing the treated area.
- Results of your treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect. Please wait until the 14 days has passed before assessing if you are pleased with the result.
- Botox Cosmetic is a temporary procedure and at first, you may find that your treatment results will last approximately 3 or 4 months. If you maintain your treatment appointments with the frequency recommended by your doctor, the duration of each treatment result may last longer than 4 months.
- Initially our clinic sees patients between the 3-month (12 week) and 4 month (16 week) time period. We are able to create the best clinical results for you during this period. If you allow Botox Cosmetic to wear off completely, it is difficult for the doctor to be able to see how your individual muscles reacted and therefore optimal results for your face can be more difficult to achieve.